I have a confession. I am addicted to bags. It's a problem I have which has been steadily growing over time but I fear I may soon be headed towards an intervention. My shoe collection, conversely, is probably much more modest than most, I have two or three sets of heels, some trainers and some flats, which is fairly practical right? But my bag collection on the other hand is a vice, it's overgrowing, so I may need to move into larger premises if I don't get a handle on it soon! I basically turn into a magpie when I see a good bag (much to Trig's dismay as he's dragged on an impromptu shopping trip) because accessorising is what makes an outfit! A good bag can give a new lease of life to a dress you've worn too many times instantly, and it can make all the difference when its coordinated right.
Here are a few of my most recent favourite bits of arm candy.
1. Light Blue Bag - Primark £5.99 - I bought this a few months ago and I love the baby blue colour! Currently jazzing it up a bit with a scarf tied round the handles that I got from last months 'My Little Box'. Love the fact that this bag has a mini satchel vibe going on and that it was such great value, too.
2. Flamingo Bag - Asylum, £26.99 (I bartered 10% off :) I love this because not only is it from one of my favourite local small fashion outlets, it's pretty unique and funky.
3. Peacock bag - Bought in Singapore for $50 (£25) - I saw this in a shop window and basically fell in love with it instantly and marched straight to the counter. It's shimmery and made of a plastic material, and is my current absolute favourite for jazzing up an outfit in the most effortless way. Everyone keeps asking me where I got it from, shame the boutique is thousands of miles away or I'd be back in there buying more!
4. Red bucket bag - this was free as an Estee Lauder gift after buying £40 worth of makeup in Boots. I got this offer this month - and I love this bag! I can fit everything in it, including my laptop, and it's a real rich and glossy red colour which goes really well with work outfits.
5. Accessorise bag - a gift (so no idea on the price tag!) - Trig knows how much I love bags, so he chose me this as a Christmas present! And it turns out he has good taste! Lucky me :o)
What's your worst fashion vice? x